USA 119, Australia 86


Today I ate a late lunch with Bobblehead at 2DOGSPUB and we watched most of the Brazil-Argentina quarterfinal game. It was a grudge match reminiscent of the rivalry on the soccer pitch. My allegiance went back and forth, and I was happy to see a Boca Juniors and River Plate fan cheering their national team together. Both teams present a serious test for Team USA — which needed to get past the Aussi’s.

I watched the first quarter and Team USA seemed to warm up and take the game under control. The Aussi’s got in foul trouble, which hurt badly, and it seems the Americans took total control after halftime. I was wondering if this would be a trap game as Team USA would look ahead to a very solid second round opponent (Argentina). It did not turn out that way, thankfully, but I told Bobblehead that I think this second game against the Argentines is up in the air. Both teams played two days ago and I think Argentina will make a lot of adjustments. They will probably not lift the pedal off the metal for the second half. They will play balls out. It will be interesting.

Popular Posts