Aldo Nova, 'Fantasy' and Donnie Iris, 'Ah Leah'



I am once again using a music video to break a post dry spell. And this time I am reaching into the deep freeze for some eighties cheese: “Fantasy,” by Aldo Nova.

Admittedly, I like this song; I cannot remember the last time I heard it before stumbling on it last Friday. It seems like one of those songs I recorded from the radio during my shameful eighties phase, probably from KRNA’s eighties themed “Box o’ Rocks.” The music video is what one would expect from MTV’s infancy: band on stage singing to audience (really unimaginative). (Frankly, it blows my mind that MTV actually broadcast music videos at one point. What a concept! Someone should do it again. I still wouldn’t have time to watch it, though.)

I especially love these lyrics: “Out of sight / buy your kicks from the man in the white. / Feels all right / powder pleasure in your nose tonight [sniff].”

Speaking of eighties cheese, how about another video:



Great song, awful video. It is almost too awkward and embarrassing to watch during the echoing segment. Also: is it just me or does Donnie Iris look like a young and permed Bill Nye (back when his science experiments were probably not TV-friendly [sniff])?

Popular Posts