USA 109, Argentina 89


I did not see one minute of this game. Shamefully, I forgot all about it until about five o’clock. I could not find it on TV so I checked ESPN and endured a couple minutes of mindless debate before something like “USA beats Argentina to setup gold medal rematch with Spain” scrolled across the Bottom Line.

Phew! After a seven point halftime lead, Team USA opened up a cushion in the third and poured it on until the final buzzer. I was excepting the Argies to make adjustments and be dangerous since they played Team USA just four days ago. They hung tough, apparently, but were overpowered in the end.

Spain is a whole different bag of tricks. Though the teams played each other in a pre-Olympic friendly in Barcelona, I do not think the Spaniards played to their full potential. It was the same story in 2008. The American’s prevailed then, but will it happen again? We will see on Sunday.

Popular Posts