Presto, 'Relax Your Mind'



Blogging has taken a backseat this week. On Monday and Tuesday I was in Minneapolis with Bobblehead and his Missus (we went to a Twins game and rode the super snazzy Hiawatha Line to the stadium). Since returning I have been über busy with work and have also been moonlighting as a painter. So I thought I would throw the blogosphere a bone with this soothing little ditty I have had on repeat lately.

“Relax Your Mind” falls squarely in the category of instrumental hip-hop. Though hip-hop has begun to bore me, I love its smooth, relaxing, and rhythmic instrumental subgenre. It puts me at ease, makes me smile, and nod my head in appreciation. I love the stuff and should add a lot more of it to my music collection.

Instrumental hip-hop, and especially “Relax Your Mind,” always reminds me of Central/Northern California: San Francisco, Santa Cruz, and Highway 1 south of Monterey. Basically, it makes me think of this:

Popular Posts