The Gems of Sharpless: August 8, 2012

The Gems of Sharpless was on hiatus last week because I was moving. Today, though, I was back in action to get my odds and ends fix. Some pics have comments and others do not.


This was an odd little item: a coffee table with legs made of pipes. Very ingenious.


There were a lot of dolls today for some reason.




For whatever reason, Iowa State’s yearbook was called The Bomb.


Somebody is not getting their keg and tapper deposit back.






I actually like this picture. The lone ranger watching the sunset.


I am pretty sure that this is the front end of an AK-47. It was buried underneath a ton of other rusted guns and gun parts.


This was a timely and surprising find: a LA ’84 mug.


This is something one would have found at Hagen’s.




This was probably the most interesting find at Sharpless — and it was in the parking lot: a Japanese-esque, right-hand drive Honda pick-up. Or perhaps it is from the Caribbean. I have no clue how it found its way to Iowa City.

Popular Posts