The Gems of Sharpless: August 29, 2012

-I have no clue what is going on here, but it seemed worthwhile to photograph.

-This was an odd and creepy little item: a miniature, metal coffin with Pirates of the Caribbean theme (at least that is what I considered it).

-Remember the Maine!

-Another photo album with photos still in it. This one contained pics of a couple’s vacation to Bavaria in 1976. The itinerary was even included at the front of the book, flight schedules and all.

-There was a lot of NASCAR- and racing-themed items today, including this beer sign.

-A timely, retro item. Notice the portrait of Herbert Hoover, too. (Since seeing this I have been trying to remember that Bush/Quayle joke from elementary school. It had to do with quails, bushes, and maybe even peeing.)

-Somebody had fun with an X-Acto knife.

-The best thing about this cover photo is Danny Ainge’s expression.

-A box full of mayo. Just what I have always wanted, dear!

-Not only is this tray pretty cool, I thought it was fitting since I will be at Soldier Field on Saturday to see the Hawkeyes’ season opener.

Popular Posts