The Gems of Sharpless: October 9, 2013

There were lots of interesting bottles and cans at Sharpless today. And also socks. Go figure. On to the Gems!

-Creepy and I have no clue if they are comfortable or not. Also note the matching end tables in the next row.

-A seven-ounce can of Rolling Rock. Rolling Rock was once my favorite beer — in high school. I have not drank it in forever and need to revisit it at some point.

-A collection of Star Wars socks. I am pretty sure they would be worth much more if they had not been cut up.

-More interesting socks. These commemorate the 1972 Munich Olympics. I am pretty sure the German stitched into the sole says Trumpf provided the official apparel for the German Olympic team.

-It’s Official Soda!

-A commemorative beer can for the Protivin, Iowa centennial. “Pivo” is the Czech word for beer. Protivin is located on the border of Chickasaw and Howard counties and is named after the Czech town of ProtivĂ­n. (Thank you, Wikipedia!)

-It’s Spuds MacKenzie! My favorite beer mascot from the eighties!

-Class. That is all I have to say.

-This JC Penney catalog from 1971 was the find of the week because of the nightmarish early-seventies fashion...


Yes, that is Knicks legend Walt “Clyde” Frazier. The other dude is Art Shamsky, the first baseman for the New York Mets.

-A Coca-Cola glass from the 1983 International Garden Show in Munich.

-North Dakota centennial Coca-Cola bottles from 1989.

-Reminds me of elementary school art class.

Popular Posts