The Gems of Sharpless: October 30, 2013

-I am not exactly sure what this is. It’s not a moped, but also not (I hope) a scooter for the elderly.

-Both of these were comfortable, but ugly.

-The one Big Boy looks a little medium.

-World War II-era steel pennies located in the valuables cabinet.

-The only reason I took a picture of these ducks is because of the labels. One says “this one sits upright” and the other “this one squats down.”

-A gallon-pack. This blew my mind.

-I assume ICAC refers to the Iowa City Airport Commission.

-Didn’t the crash test dummies star in their own Saturday morning cartoon? I can’t remember.

-An interesting box full of what I assume is World War II-era military memorabilia. Including a War Department driver’s manual…


-Gay Teen Ideas. Wow. Besides the awkward and antiquated word usage, this was an interesting little magazine. Dated August 1944, it offered sweater knitting designs for teens. I guess what I was most impressed with was the fact people made their own clothes not so long ago. People still can, of course, but I assume more people did it back in the day.

-A whole lot o’ lamps.

-A whole lot o’ Xboxes. I usually do not browse the electronic selection because I assume most of the stuff is broken and useless.

Popular Posts