The Gems of Sharpless: October 16, 2013

Today was a chilly, windy, and gray autumn day. In other words, it was beautiful. I think every type of day is beautiful in its own way. Anyway, it was cool enough that the large garage door to the main building at Sharpless was closed. If I have seen it closed before, I do not remember it. Inside the buildings, a couple guys were working on the heaters hanging from the ceiling, making sure they were working properly. The air smelled of burnt dust, meaning that the heaters had not been used in a while.

-I wondered if this box of projector bulbs was misplaced. There were a boatload of old school projectors in a different building.

-An old PalmPilot. Actually, according to Wikipedia this Palm III was a successor to the PalmPilot and was first released in March 1998. These things were really ahead of their time.

-The picture is not the best, but note that the male stick is for roasting hot dogs and the female is for roasting two marshmallows. My dad pointed that out.

-It’s kick yo ass hot!

-I believe this was a camera.

-The plaque says, “Anyone can be a Father. It takes Someone Special to be a DAD.” My question is: what does the deer have anything to do with that?

-A box of phones! Just what I have always wanted!

-When I spotted this little bin of Super Nintendo games and started looking through the titles, I thought, “That would be cool if Street Fighter II was in this.” Low and behold, it was! (I placed it on top, by the way.)

-This movie looks epic. Epicly bad.

-A pint-sized, Hawkeye-themed crotch rocket. Just what the doctor ordered.

-A collectable, World War II-era poster? I have no clue.

-A sticker for truckers. Be gone, you dirty hookers!

-This presidential poster was interesting. Bill Clinton was the last pictured, but the copyright date in the bottom left corner was 1988, when Ronald Reagan was still president. Hmmm…

Popular Posts