Beer of the Weekend #1,034: MVP

I picked up my summer seasonal 12-pack from The Local before our vacation in Wisconsin, so I have my work cut out for me and need to finish off these Badger State beers.

Next up from my Wisconsin haul is MVP, brewed by the Milwaukee Brewing Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (though the can says it is “brewed & canned” in Muskego, Wisconsin).

MVP

Serving type: 12-ounce can. “05/03/23 MANY VALIANT PENGUINS” is written on the bottom shoulder. I have no clue what the penguin reference is about.

Appearance: Poured into Pint Glass Number One. The color is hazy dishwater gold. About two fingers of dense, fluffy, off-white, buttery head dissipates slowly and evenly, leaving a frothy skim and thick collar.

Smell: Sharp citrus, tropical fruit, and arbor. Grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, lemon. There are malty esters as well, mostly cherry or strawberry.

Taste: Citrus and arbor, mostly evergreen. It is creamy with sharp flavors of grapefruit, lemon, and pine. I feel like it is too sharp, lemony, and arboreal. This is not an MVP-candidate hazy, at least not this pack at this age.

Fun facts about MVP:

• Style: Hazy IPA.

• Price: $10.99 for a sixer of 12-ounce cans at the Hansen’s IGA in Elkhorn, Wisconsin.

• Alcohol content: 5.6 percent ABV.

• Here is the description via the brewery website: “The MKE MVP is a Hazy IPA in celebration of Wisconsin's three recent MVP's. Citra and Mosaic hops join forces for this hop-forward IPA. Bright, juicy and refreshing, the MKE MVP, is full of citrus and tropical notes.” I assume the three MVPs are Aaron Rodgers, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Christian Yelich.


The Quiet Man’s grade: C+.

Comments

Popular Posts