The Gems of Sharpless: October 15, 2014

There was a lot of good stuff at Sharpless today, including these gems.

-I am pretty sure this couch and loveseat were once owned by my aunt and uncle.

-Somebody liked black bears.

-The “virtually impossible” puzzle.

-Pucks from the Quad City Mallards.

-A box of old pop cans, including two half-liter, German-language cans.

-A Quad City Steamwheelers hat. I could be wrong, but I think the Steamwheelers were a minor league arena football team.

-The 1961 University of Missouri yearbook, Savitar, which includes a group photo of the Ruf Nex (and reminded me of Ruffneck).

-Old beer cans, including a couple Foster oil cans.

-The Civil War in a box top.

-Whoa! A Dream Team poster in its unopened, original packaging.

-“Hey, babe. Let’s go back to my place and do some life science experiments.”

-Framed team photos of the 1979–80 Iowa wrestling team and the 1992 San Diego Chargers.

-Oh, snap! I forgot all about Domino Rally.

-This game cover struck me as odd. The boy is having way too much fun missing the girl’s alluring stare.

-A Hawkeye-themed golf cart.

-The smallest riding lawnmower I have ever seen.

Popular Posts