The Gems of Sharpless: November 14, 2012

Blogging has once again slowed to a crawl so I feel it behooves me to post today’s gems. Plus, I shamefully forgot to visit Sharpless in the wake of last week’s election. Grr. Think of all the gems (and total garbage) I missed!

This caught my eye, but I have no clue what it is used for. Baking corn cobs? Making corn cob shaped cookies?

More Greek paddles. Notice, though, that these are from a sorority.



Another 1979 debossed Iowa license plate.

This is an interesting little item: an August 1946 Army recipe book printed by the War Department.


At first I was unsure what the “OLY” would have been, but I eventually assumed it was Olympia. A quick Google search confirms it.

I had never heard of this beer before seeing this sign. Though I am no beer historian, I get the impression there was a large influx of German-style lager, domestic and foreign, in the seventies and early-eighties.

This was a find: a one-gallon Coke bottle. Whoa.

Popular Posts