Magda, '@ Time Warp 31.03.2012'



The Quiet Man (the blog, not me) has been a disaster all month. However, I have managed to recover from the flu and will try to ensure my blog does the same in the coming days. In the meantime…

Gratuitous music post!

I have been listening to a lot of DJ sets on YouTube recently and thankfully stumbled across this performance by Magda. I had never heard of her before and eagerly searched for her other work available online. As far as I can tell, she is Polish and her work is Detroit-inspired. A few of her other mixes available on YouTube are pretty clicky and minimalistic; sometimes they have little rhythm or melody and seem chaotic and jarring (to me, at least). She can put tracks together, though, and uses a lot of progressive, dark, deep beats, which I like a lot. That is why this set stands out for me.

Popular Posts