Gratuitous photo of Michele Bachmann


I might as well post a photo of Michele Bachmann because, frankly, she is EVERYWHERE!

Yesterday and Tuesday, the news coverage about her was inescapable. I turned on NPR for breakfast. “Michele Bachmann blah blah blah…” Click. I turned it on again for lunch. “Meanwhile, Michele Bachmann blah blah blah…” Ugh. Click. Her face and name were spread all over newspaper websites, and advertisements for her presidential campaign were placed at the top and down the right side. (The DMR must have received a massive check from her and Tim Pawlenty.) She even made her way onto Churchill’s Cigar.

This is why I hate campaign coverage. It is repetitive, annoying, and unrelenting for months and months. He said this. She said that. He accused so-and-so of _____. She promised this. Yada yada yada. For months! The Iowa Caucus is over six months away, and the waves and pages of news are already oversaturated with 2012 campaign rhetoric.

I am unsure what the deal is with Michele Bachmann, but the media has been infatuated with her recently. So too, I thought, was Bobblehead. While chilling at his place last night, he said he hoped Sarah Palin would not throw her name into the list of candidates for the red Republicrats.

“Why?” I asked. “Cuz that would ruin things for your darling, Michele Bachmann?”

He huffed and corrected me. “She is not my darling!”

His thing for Bachmann is simple: “People don’t take her seriously because they think she’s crazy. She is crazy, but she could become president. That’s why they need to take her seriously.”

“Yeah, but,” I said, “it’s not like she’ll be able ram her ideology down our throats.”

“And I’ll remind you of that when we’re in a Christian re-education camp.”

Comments

Popular Posts