Fitz and the Tantrums, "MoneyGrabber"



The Quiet Man is in dire need of a comprehensive redesign, as evidenced by how it cuts off widescreen video embeds. I will work on that, but in the meantime enjoy “MoneyGrabber” by Fitz and the Tantrums. (Follow the link to see it in all its wide ratio glory.)

I saw the video a long time ago on The Hlog, the blog for CRG sports writer Mike Hlas. It amazes me the local sports writers are still cranking out football stories; the build-up to next season literally starts after the clock hits double zeros in the final game. But during slow days the CRG sports crew often write non-athletic posts. Such was “The Hlog’s Weekend Video Vault: Some extraordinary music and videos” that appeared on May 6.

Though sixties-esque Boomer nostalgia has driven me to the point of puking anytime I hear a Motown classic, “MoneyGrabber,” struck a cord with me. It reminds me of LA and the retro inspired music scene that seemingly has become a permanent landmark.

Comments

Popular Posts