Good Tunes: Bob and Doug McKenzie, 'Twelve Days of Christmas'



It’s Tuesday and Christmas is right around the corner, so I thought I would post one of my favorite Christmas songs: this humorous rendition of “Twelve Days of Christmas” by Doug and Bob McKenzie of SCTV fame.

There are a lot of great Christmas songs, both serious and humorous, but this one always makes me smile. It is one of the few Christmas songs I look forward to hearing. I especially love the over-the-top accents and period synths (which gives it an endearing quality for us aficionados of the seventies and early eighties). It is one of the few holiday songs that Rock 108 will play. (One of the others is that horrible Christmas version of Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man,” “I am Santa Claus.” I’m not a big fan of the original, but the Christmas version is pure torture.)

Popular Posts