USA 98, Turkey 77


Team USA received a scare from the Turks today. The game was a rematch of the 2010 final game and Turkey is obviously not Finland. Team USA was down 46–43 at halftime. I watched a little of the third quarter when the Americans started to pull away but did not see the final until later. I really should watch a whole game. FIBA games are just a little different, like the NBA. I’m used to college ball.

Speaking of the NBA, Kenneth Faried had 22 points. To be honest, I did not know who Faried was until the last two games, nor most of the other guys on Team USA for that matter. (Faried plays for the Nuggets.) That is how out of touch I am with professional basketball. I am familiar with Derrick Rose, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Mason Plumlee, and Anthony Davis, but I really do not know much about the other players. Perhaps I need to follow the NBA much more closely this upcoming season.

Popular Posts