The Gems of Sharpless: August 28, 2013

There was a lot of cool glass at Sharpless today — which is kind of symbolic because it was hot as hell!


-This caught my eye because it was a German-made Rixe bicycle. A tag said it was from the sixties. It definitely looked pretty old, and the attachment on the front wheel, in front of the brakes, apparently powered the little light. Nifty.


-My sister and I had the exact same wagon when we were little. I remember riding in it to Iowa homecoming parades when I was a kid. (Damn! I was that small once?)


-Comfortable, but ugly.


-This plate piqued my curiosity because of the bottom panel: the Eisenhower Expressway Entrance. I don’t know about anybody else, but the entrance to the Eisenhower Expressway does not seem souvenir plate worthy to me.


-A commemorative 1984 Olympics Budweiser mug.


-Old tickets for a steamboat passage.





-Lots o’ cool glass.


-This is an upside down 7Up glass.


-Old newspapers.


-This tape has quite an interesting pair of recordings. (You cannot make this stuff up!)

Popular Posts