M.I.A., 'Bad Girls'



Another song about bad girls, courtesy of Zee German. This is the second impressive and visually stunning video he showed me during his visit, and this one includes cool cars and very impressive driving. (Fittingly, I watched it on his phone while we were at the rest stop along Interstate 35 just south of the Iowa-Minnesota border. By comparison, my driving was rather mundane.) (The whole thing came up because he said CL’s “Baddest Female” reminded him of M.I.A. “Who’s M.I.A.?” I asked.) There is an accompanying “making of” video which I will need to check out.

Not only is “Bad Girls” catchy, but I think the video is a powerful and interesting vignette. I admire snippets of the human experience and this offers an informative glimpse of fun and culture on the other side of the globe. Who knew a music video could offer that?

Popular Posts