Update: A suspicious incident at College Green

Curious to know what happened after reporting the “suspicious incident” at College Green (because I heard nothing from the cops afterward), I checked the ICPD’s online activity log. It is a nifty little thing, and very interesting sometimes.

The incident was classified as a “WELFARE CHECK” at 600 E College St at 11:33 a.m. Here is what was written in the details:

10 MINUTES AGO, FEMALE STOPPED R/P, STATED SHE LOST HER PHONE AND REQ TO USE HIS, HAD A SMALL CHILD WITH HER, ORANGE TOP WITH KHAKI SHORTS, 30-35 YEARS OLD DESCRIBED AS "INDIAN LOOKING", REQ SHE AND CHILD BE CHECKED ON

The “disposition” is listed as “COMPLETED,” but from the details I really have no clue what happened. Did an officer check on them and let her use a police department phone? I have no clue but someone apparently checked on the woman and her child.

I have to say, though, “WELFARE CHECK” is very generous. I was sure shadiness was afoot, which was why I called the cops in the first place. However, I have no clue what to say about “INDIAN LOOKING.” Did I really say that? Have I just had an interviewee moment, when someone interviewed for a story reads their quote in the morning paper and thinks, “I did not say that! He made me sound stupid!”? (Chances are, though, you did say that and made yourself sound stupid. I have it on tape.)

Popular Posts