The Novel Diary: Week 74

Word count: 1,419 (Chapter 4 (2.0)), 50,490 (total).

Well, I decided last week that I will start over. As I said, a novel is inside me and I just could not get myself to quit. As unattractive as it is to wipe the slate clean after so much work, I think it is the best thing to do. I should have done it a long time ago.

When will I start writing again? I have no clue, though I want it to be sometime soon; probably around the Fourth, when the events of the novel begin. However, before I start hammering the keyboard again I need to figure out what the hell happens, what the conflict is. I know what happens in the end but do not want the book to be a wandering, coming-of-age story set in modern America.

Until then I will shutting down this post series. Is it on hiatus or kaput? I have no clue. Writing these posts have not helped in anyway and I am sure they are a repetitive bore on your end. When I restart I may continue them in a modified form. With or without them, though, I will be writing again soon. I promise.

Popular Posts