The Gems of Sharpless: June 6, 2012

Sharpless was packed with interesting items today; in total I took 55 pictures. However, below is a sample of the most interesting stuff.


The note on the footboard reads: “This bed was purchased new + never used. The owner ended up going to a nursing home instead of coming home.”


Old people recliners.


Enjoy custom made puzzles featuring a young woman and her grandma!


While at Sharpless, my sister noticed that I have strands of white hair already. I am cool with anything but losing my hair.


Yeah. I have no clue why anyone would want this.


A boob mug. Apparently, my mom has one, too.


I come across a lot of newer video games and consoles at Sharpless, but this is one of those rare old school finds. I think I rented the SNES version from Hagen’s back in the day.


This class photo is from the Bettendorf Middle School’s March 2000 trip to Washington, DC.


An autographed (and framed!) picture of Tim Allen from back when an autographed (and framed!) picture of Tim Allen was something people actually wanted.


Odd Halloween decorations. Notice, though, the pilot’s manual for a P-40 Warhawk.


A can of Hawkeye Gold Soda.


More Hawkeye memorabilia from the storied 1981 football season. It seems every Iowan over 50 has some kind of memento from that season.


There was a lot of beer stuff at Sharpless today. Case in point: this unopened can of Amana Beer. It is an example of the lowly days of American beer, when the only thing that was different from beer to beer was the name of the place it was brewed in.


Very strange, seven-ounce beer cans.


Ma Bell’s ride. Sharpless also gets a ton of old school toy cars and trucks, mostly from that bygone age of metal toys, which ended sometime after I was a kid.


This was truly a gem, especially since it featured a number of beers I had never heard of. (Shamefully, I did not take pictures of all of them.)


Just what I was looking for! The April 1, 1983 edition of Wheeler Dealer! “Sorry if I am a little late, but I was wondering if you were still selling that seventy-two Vette.”


A pretty cool looking Maß. I have to admit, I am tempted to return later and bid on some of the beer stuff.


It’s every Hawkeyes' favorite alcoholic football commentator!


A future fish bowl.


This book looked pretty interesting.


Very cool beer mugs, though I have never liked the idea of not being able to see my beer. Both breweries are still in existence, though their logos have changed.

Popular Posts