The Novel Diary: Week 43

Word count: 40,082.

Well, I looked through my old outlines and decided they are not half bad after all. In fact, they were packed with good material and thought-provoking differences regarding characters and major storylines. I copy and pasted everything I thought was interesting or had forgotten and will now try to develop a sensible chapter-by-chapter outline that may feature a short synopsis for each.

I am making some major changes, so I will need to revisit or completely rewrite a few chapters. Thankfully, and shockingly given how much I have already written, I am not too deep into the story and can easily make alterations. Essentially, I am revising. It is not a bad thing at this stage, I suppose; I would have preferred to finish the book before doing that. However, parts of the story are changing so I need to alter the whole thing accordingly.

One thing I really want to do is polish the long essay I have let sit around all year. It needs attention, but I cannot pry myself away from the novel. However, I decided I will focus on the essay for the remainder of the week. It will, I hope, be a welcome escape.

Comments

Popular Posts