The Novel Diary: Week 32

Word counts: 1,474 (Chapter 7); 37,886 (total).

Will I make it to 40k by September 1? Hopefully. A few weeks ago I was sure of it, but now not so much. (I suppose I will need to surpass 40k on August 31. There is no way I am writing on college football’s opening night.)

I desperately need another break to clear my head, focus, and plan the upcoming set of chapters. I am writing aimlessly; my goal to hit 40k before the kickoff of college football has been my primary motivation the last couple weeks, which is not good. It is almost like I am writing this novel just to write it, not to tell a story or provide metaphorical insight. However, perhaps a night of reasoning through my problems in my journal, with the help of a John’s White Ale or Iowa Pale Ale at Foxy’s (this is not the season for Back Roads Stout), is in order.

Comments

Popular Posts