The Novel Diary: Week 29

Word counts: 4,072 (Chapter 6); 34,679 (total).

Last week I actually wrote, but not much: just under a thousand words. That’s pretty pathetic over a four-night stretch. But at least I made the effort. (When it comes to my novel, I have a curious knack for finding a silver lining in all my patheticness.) I could have done better… Yada yada yada, the same bullshit I am almost always writing for this post every week.

However, the good news is that something is actually happening. Another plot line has emerged! I finally feel as if there is movement, like I am pushing the story forward. Happy, happy. Joy, joy.

The sad thing is, once again, I do not know how much writing I will do this week. Softball season drags on and on. After spending a double-header in right field under the unrelenting sun and heat (the temperature on the bank sign across from the softball complex read 94º, so the heat index was probably near 110º), and moving my stuff into my new apartment, I decided not to write last night. Tonight I gave myself a break to get settled in, i.e. watch Mervgotti play NCAA Football. (One of his fullback runs was incredible. He weaved through the congestion of the line, threw two defenders out of the way, and broke into the open field for a 32-yard touchdown run.) Chances are I may not write at all this week. However, my goal to hit 40k before college football season starts still stands — and I will make.

Comments

Popular Posts