The Novel Diary: Week 31

Word counts: 5,805 (Chapter 6); 36,412 (total).

The end of softball season not only means I will write on Sunday nights once again, but I no longer have to pick out the gravel of the Hawkeye Softball Complex parking lot from the treads of my tires. Jesus. I hate driving around with the click-click-click of a rock stuck in my tread hitting the pavement on every revolution. Ugh.

Tonight I finished Chapter 6, yet I am still well short of the 40k mark I want to pass by the time college football season starts. This dilemma dawned on me last week while chatting with Bobblehead. I want to surpass 40k but also want to set my novel down and polish my long nonfiction piece one last time. I guess I’ll be starting Chapter 7 sometime soon, despite the fact I have no clue what the fuck to write. Actually, I take that back. I do know what to write, but highly doubt it will put me over 40k by September 1.

Tonight I sat in the living room and watch the Jets-Texans game while writing. It worked well enough, but it is not a habit I want to get into. If there is one good thing the NFL is good for, it is the long awaited pick-me-up provided by preseason games. I “wrote” last Thursday while watching the Seahawks-Chargers game. It did not work as well; I called it a night after 15 minutes. There was football on. It was the first football game I had seen since the Super Bowl, so I could not help but watch in awe.

Comments

Popular Posts