The Novel Diary: Week 20

Word count: 26,728 (total).

There is nothing more to report regarding my novel this past week. I postponed the beginning of Chapter 5 until tomorrow for the pathetic (so far, at least) effort I have made to write about high school. That post series will obviously extend into June.

The rest of the week seems clear to put down the beginning of Chapter 5. Sadly, I still do not know what I will write. I am debating about what should come next. Though I am worried the chapters I have are not propulsive enough in terms of the overarching plot, I got to thinking a few weeks ago: “Do I even have a plot, or is this a historical observation and character study?” It might be important to figure that out. Right now it seems a little too picaresque, which I do not care for, but each chapter’s episodic nature may contribute to that. I will need to bounce thoughts off Bobble on Wednesday when we enjoy hefeweizens at the Hessen Haus in Des Moines.

Comments

Popular Posts