The Novel Diary: Week 16

Word counts: 1,469 (Chapter 4); 25,211 (total).

Another Monday, another night of novel writing with the Cubs game in the background. Tonight the North Siders are visiting the Dodgers, which makes me somewhat nostalgic for the nights I spent writing with Vin Scully’s commentary on Prime Ticket in the background. (Eric Collins and “Psycho” Steve Lyons anchored the pre and postgame shows.)

It was also yet another weekend without a blog post. I have just been too busy

Last week I was a bad boy. I only wrote Monday and Tuesday night. I was preoccupied some nights and said “Fuck it” on the others. It’s not a good thing to do when writing a novel, but I am trending toward the lackadaisical nonetheless. After the pathetic showing last week, I seriously thought of taking time off until getting my LV project finished in a couple weeks. Juggling travel and interviews when you have a full-time job, are writing a novel, setting aside time for reading, and chilling with homies is kind of tough. It’s my fault, though. I should have started this thing much earlier.

Anyway, I have become obsessed with the theme music played at the beginning and end of each Cubs radiocast: “This Town” by O.A.R. Maybe not the song so much as the guitar riff isolated for the intro and outro of each game. Though I have basic experience watching Cardinals, Twins, and White Sox games (I really like Ken “The Hawk” Harrelson), I think the Cubs have pretty classy radio and television productions. No one, though, can top Vin Scully.

Comments

Popular Posts