The Novel Diary: Week 19

Word counts: 2,986 (Chapter 4); 26,728 (total).

My LV project should be in the can, so I picked up my novel where I left it a little over two weeks ago. And after a somewhat pathetic effort last night, and a flurry of writing tonight (871 words, a new novel record), I finished Chapter 4, at least for better or worse.

Frankly, the chapter needed to end. It was dragging on and on, as most of my chapters have. However, at least I have more to cut in the end, especially if I combine Chapters 3 and 4. I think they should happen on the same day, and, in my strict partitioning of novel time, that means they should be the same chapter. But I will decide that some other time.

After two weeks off, I would prefer to start Chapter 5 tomorrow, but I wonder if I should think it through for a night and figure out what the hell I will write. That might be a good idea.

Comments

Popular Posts