Nu Shooz: Adrenline 21 and a bunch of Adrenaline 22s

Brooks Adrenaline 22s

The Foxy Lady and I are doing a little spring cleaning this week. Equipped with two fresh pairs of Brooks Adrenaline 22s, one thing I need to do is toss out some old running shoes … but not before I do something I did not do when I bought them: write about them.

According to my blog, whose search feature kind of sucks, the last time I wrote a Nu Shooz post was in 2021. While I want to say this post will cover all the running shoes I have bought since then, I cannot do so with 100% confidence. (Why do I feel the need to do that, to document the running shoes I use? Because I am a writing fool.) I can’t find any unused photos of shoes between now and then so hopefully I have not missed any.

I am still running. I have taken time off here and there but have not stayed off the dusty trails and sidewalks for long. I may not run a sub-10-minute mile anymore (I am closer to a 15-minute mile now), but I am still running and running well. And I have been running a lot with a partner. I run with Jam often, pushing him in the used BOB jogging stroller The Foxy Lady bought five years ago. Jam is closing in on 40 pounds these days, so running with him is getting a little harder—which is one reason why I am a 15-minute mile these days. (Running is easier than walking with him, though. I think it is because of the added inertia while running.)

So what have I been running in? Adrenalines. They’re tried and true, so I am not going to mess with a good thing, fix what is not broken. A have used three 22s, including the new light gray pair in the top photo) and a pair of 21s between. I have not run in a 2023 model yet, but I am sure I will find those on the sale rack sometime this year.

Old shoes galore

One thing I do that I probably should not is relegate my old running shoes to walking shoes. Unless I am wearing sandals or boots, I always wear running shoes. I assume that is not a good thing but don’t know for sure. It’s working for me, though, and repurposes a pair of running shoes that still have a little tread left (sometimes very little), so it might be another good thing I should not mess with.

Comments

Popular Posts