Good Tunes: Cloud Nothings, 'Running Through the Campus'



Here’s another good tune I discovered via Spotify’s “All New Rock” playlist last week: Cloud Nothing’s “Running Through the Campus.”

I really dig this track. It’s a sunset track. (I love the photo on the single cover.) I really like the melody and can relate to the lyrics. Running through the campus at home is something I have done a lot, both in Iowa City and Mount Vernon. The line “I see the campus empty at night” resonates with me. It evokes leaving class at night and walking through the mostly empty Pentacrest, the walkway lights lighting the paths and the spotlights illuminating the Old Capitol. I also feel “And in the room / a ghost I knew,” which is sometimes how I feel about my college self, and “Can you believe how far I have come?”

Here is the music video.

Comments

Popular Posts