Good Tunes: Mannequin Pussy, 'Loud Bark'



I want to start blogging about things other than beer again and it’s been a loooong time since I posted any music, so it’s a great time to share this good tune I discovered yesterday via Spotify: “Loud Bark” by Mannequin Pussy.

I love Rock 108, but they do not play a lot of new rock. I read an interview with Michael Cross, the station’s longtime program director, a few years ago and he said the station’s playlist has shifted to a high percentage of certified gold or platinum songs. (I can’t find that interview online anymore, of course.) They often play the same old stuff from when I was in high school and college. It’s not a bad thing, and I really like those tunes and the nostalgia they evoke, but I also want to hear new stuff.

Which is why I checked out the “All New Rock” playlist on Spotify yesterday. There is some awesome stuff on there, including “Loud Bark.” Much of the songs sound like something Rock 108 would play. I liked a lot of them, no doubt providing fuel for my algorithm.

“Loud Bark” sounds like something I would hear on IPR’s Studio One, but how would one say the band’s name on radio?

Comments

Popular Posts