The Gems of Sharpless: September 17, 2014

It was a beautiful day today — and also a bountiful one for gems at Sharpless.

-Kegs of nails.

-This was not the most comfortable couch in the world. However, I thought that if October were a couch, this would be it.

-A classy selection of glassware. It is hard to see in this photo, but the glass positioned bottom center features the Schlitz Malt Liquor logo. Who drinks malt liquor from a glass?

-This basically explains itself. At some point I should probably get one of these just to play it.

-More classy, retro glassware. Note the clogs to the left.

-This Lenny Bruce autobiography caught my eye because I watched a little bit of his biopic, Lenny, staring Dustin Hoffman, last night.

-Not the best picture, but I wanted to fit in the six-pack of Sun soda bottles way in the back on the left and the (very) oversized glasses on the right.

-erFest 1979! (This is what happens when one puts logo glasses in the dishwasher, folks. Don’t do that!)

-Old school Playboys. Inside the top issue on the left I found the Country Club advert. More of what I drink malt liquor for, eh? Which is what? Alcohol? (“Pass me the Schlitz Malt Liquor glass!”)

-Officially licensed products circa 1995.

-Amusing and also so trashy.

-An odd little box. Baseballs, a glove, and Miller Lite and Newcastle tap handles.

-I’m not sure what was up with this box. Stuff the animals?

-Old tobacco tins.

-A Skippy jar filled with something from January 1994. It looked like some kind of crumbled holiday candy.

-My jaw dropped when I saw this: an unopened Wheaties box commemorating the Chicago Bulls’ NBA Finals three-peat in 1993. Unopened! (The “BETTER IF USED BY” date printed on the top was “29-APR-94,” so it should probably stay unopened.) The box was not in mint condition, but holy cow! What a gem!

-An old school computer or video game for a tape drive system.

Popular Posts