Fall Shots 2013, #4


The beautiful colors of autumn are mostly gone but I still have a couple late-October/early-November shots that I wanted to post.

It is, despite the bitter cold, still autumn. Though only the brown leaves of the oaks remain, November is still a beautiful month. The spread of naked branches high above is enchanting in its own way, especially now since it has been obscured by leaves for months; we are seeing it for the first time all over again. I love it when, in the evening, the warm, golden-red hue of the waning sunlight strikes the branches, making them glow. (I previously thought that effect and color was called “alpenglow.” Alpenglow is not direct sunlight, but the reflection of the glowing horizon before the sun has risen or after it has set. What I meant is apparently called “golden hour.”) I will try to capture that in the coming weeks.

I also should buy some film for my Olympus. The battery for the light meter is dead, so I will need to replace that before I do any shooting.




Popular Posts