Eric Prydz, 'Essential Mix, 2/2/13'



I have been listening to this rhythmic and hypnotic Essential Mix by Eric Prydz the last couple days and wanted to share it.

When it comes to Essential Mixes, I usually listen to older stuff so this show from February is probably the most recent Mix I have heard. Despite having been a big fan of Radio 1, I doubt I have ever listened to an Essential Mix live — except maybe part of an epic show sometime in December 2001. (I am still trying to figure out what that was. I am unsure if that was an Essential Mix or not.) Some are good, some are so-so, and others are not my cup of tea, which is why I like picking and choosing among those posted on YouTube. However, if I were to ever visit the UK I think I would stay up late and listen to an Essential Mix on the radio (as oppose to the Internet, as I always have).

ANYWAY. As Pete Tong mentions in the introduction, Eric Prydz is an electronic music “megastar” renown for all sorts of dance anthems. Among those Tong did not mention was his remix of Steve Winwood’s “Valerie.” I will shamelessly admit it: I have always liked the original Winwood version (the video could be a lot better, though) so it is impossible for me not to like Prydz’ remix (feel free to find and watch the official video and its myriad parodies yourself).

Enjoy!

Popular Posts