The Gems of Sharpless: July 17, 2013


-Comfortable, but ugly.


-A giant brandy snifter filled with seashells. Okay…


-I believe these were poker cards, though I shamefully did not look on the other side of the cards. The most interesting author among them was Twain.


-A tin of tennis balls, which has to be from the seventies. The lid cut my finger when I tried to open it.


-Speaking of authors… The amazing thing about this cover is you can almost see every single hair in his beard. Sometimes the quality of film photographs amaze me.


-Ah, vintage license plates. The white plate, I am pretty sure, is from Germany. It is, according to the “Vehicle registration plates of Germany” Wikipedia page, a pre-1994 plate and the EN at the beginning stands for the region it was issued in: the Ennepe-Ruhr-Kreis district in North Rhine-Westphalia. The emission and registration seal stickers have been removed.


-B movie glory.


-I really do not know what to say about this. It is, in a way, very symbolic.


-A 1984 Jacksons World Tour Pepsi can.


-Written on the front is “works good.” Then why it is stuck in Sharpless’ yard?


-This is not the best table to pile a load of books on.

Popular Posts