The Gems of Sharpless: July 10, 2013


-Though ugly as sin, this couch was surprisingly comfortable.


-Sometimes I think about buying an old typewriter, but this would be too old.


-A miniature wringer washer. At least that was what it looked like. It must be for doll clothes.


-This was first published in February 1940 and reprinted in April 1950. (The dates were on the first page.)


-Mystery Date, circa 1970. I just realized that one girl’s skirt is extremely short.


-There was no t-shirt inside.


-This game does not look fun.


-I have this exact same poster (though bigger) and seeing it made into a clock almost made me cry.


-Gone are the days when McDonald’s gave away glass sets. I am pretty sure my parents have these same glasses somewhere.


-A good jingle.


-Until I found these, I never knew they sold movies on 8 mm.


-This cabinet had to have come from somewhere near the Quad Cities; 97X is a classic rock station in Davenport. But what piqued my interest was how eclectic the stickers are. Along with the 97X stickers are those for a country and “Lite” station. Along with the Slayer and Queensrÿche stickers is one for a blues festival. Interesting.

Popular Posts