The Novel Diary: Week 49

Word count: 40,082.

The good news is I finally pinned that segue I was wrestling last week — at least I think I did. For all I know I will shake my head disapprovingly when I read it for the first time.

That cliché is true: writers do not finish anything; they stop writing.

Though there may be a couple highlighted areas to return to in the first timeline of “Paths,” I moved to the second last week. It needs extensive reworking. My plan is to compress 1,000 words into 100 or 200. It can and will be done. The question is, “When?” Last night I was helping prep Sweet Meat’s bathroom for painting (we removed an awful looking border along the top; I put two coats of primer on today) and tonight I attended Iowa’s beat down of Central Arkansas (it is a rare occasion these days when the Hawks are up by 40 and putting on a show, so I needed to relish it to the end). Tomorrow and Wednesday should be clear, but the Hawks play Boise State Thursday night. Friday is my usual off day and Sunday is Christmas and time for family craziness. I may be away Monday but will most definitely be out of town Tuesday, and on Wednesday the Hawks play Purdue at 8:30. Next Thursday looks good, Friday I am off, and then New Year’s Day looks clear since there are no bowl games. Those come on January 2.

See what I mean? Absolute craziness. A dedicated man would set aside time during the day… I will leave that line hanging.

Comments

Popular Posts