Beer of the Weekend #1,027: After Two Hazy IPA

I have not been watching what I eat or drink over the summer, so I am buckling down. To do that, I have made rules for myself. (Actually, they are old rules that I have recommitted myself.) One of them is, “Drink beer only on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday; have to review beer drunk other nights.”

So on Wednesday I drank the second beer The Foxy Lady bought for me on her trip to Michigan: After Two Hazy IPA, brewed by the Zorn Brew Works Company of Michigan City, Indiana.

After Two Hazy IPA

Serving type: 16-ounce can. Printed on the label is “canned 5/18/23.”

Appearance: Poured into my Number One Pint Glass. (I should have used it for Red Zeppelin.) The color is hazy deep gold. A finger of dense, off-white, buttery head leaves a billowy cap.

Smell: Tropical and citrusy. It is on the lighter side. There are scents of grapefruit, mango, pine, and earthy hops.

Taste: Muted like the aroma. There is a lot of rind and pit fruit. Grapefruit, mango, peach, earthy hops. The yeast is noticeable and is a touch green.

Fun facts about After Two Hazy IPA:

• Style: New England IPA.

• Price: Unsure.

• Alcohol content: 6.5 percent ABV.


The Quiet Man’s grade: C+.

Comments

Popular Posts