Beer of the Weekend #1,006: Cookie Junkie

I’m slowly but surely making my way through my seasonal 12-pack. The first beer I tried this week was Cookie Junkie, brewed by the Backpocket Brewing Company of Coralville, Iowa.

Cookie Junkie

Serving type: 16-ounce can. “12/21 #226B” is written on the bottom shoulder along with “You Holdin?”

Appearance: Poured into an imperial pint glass. The color is black, though I am unsure if it is opaque. A half-finger of tan head dissipates quickly leaving a collar and a spot of skim.

Smell: A lot like chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. It is very toasty. There are also scents of caramel, maybe molasses, waffle cone, and peanut butter.

Taste: It is very toasty. I get peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough. There are also flavors of brown sugar, caramel, and toasted, acidic bitterness. The Foxy Lady thinks it tastes like “cola,” and I get that and can’t not think about it.

Fun facts about Cookie Junkie:

• Style: Backpocket calls it “Peanut Butter/Chocolate Cream Cookie Stout.”

• Price: Unsure.

• Alcohol content: 6.1 percent ABV.

• IBU: 41.

• I’m a cookie junkie. I love me some cookies. I have even started liking cookies with nuts on them.


The Quiet Man’s grade: B.

Comments

Popular Posts