Good Tunes: TRUSTcompany, 'Running From Me'



I read that Flyleaf’s “Fully Alive” is about Layla, the wife of TRUSTcompany guitarist Kevin Palmer. According to Songfacts.com, “Layla has a condition called Palindromic Rheumatism, which causes her joints to fill with fluid, leaving her in great pain for months at a time and barely able to move” (https://www.songfacts.com/facts/flyleaf/fully-alive).

Curious, I had to look up Kevin Palmer and TRUSTcompany.

Who are TRUSTcompany? These guys—a band out of Alabama that had some hits in the early 2000s. “Running From Me” is a good tune and one I vaguely recall. It definitely sounds like the early 2000s; it makes me think of late nights when the weather was warm, the windows rolled down in my Jetta. Rock 108 may still play it now and then. Another of their songs that I vaguely recall is “Downfall.”

I was also curious about where the “Running From Me” music video was shot. I thought had to be in LA given the blue street signs. Sure enough, I figured out it was shot at the intersection of 5th and Broadway in downtown LA.

As best as I can tell, TRUSTcompany is not a Christian rock band … but Kevin Palmer’s testimony is on YouTube. (Every time I hear the word testimony, I think of Jimmy propositioning Millie in Bull Durham.)

Comments

Popular Posts