Good Tunes: Fragma, 'Toca Me' (In Petto Remix)



Back in high school, I stumbled across an electronic music website called sonix.de that featured streamable mixes. It was, according to this article, the first internet radio station in Germany. I don’t remember who all had mixes available, but Judge Jules had three or four mixes on the site. One of them was incredible and I listened to it often.

Unfortunately, sonix.de is long gone — as is the incredible Judge Jules mix I often listened to. However, every now and then while browsing YouTube I stumble across one of the songs included in the mix. That is what happened recently when I clicked on the link to this remix of Fragma’s “Toca Me.”

When I clicked ahead, past the opening to get to the heart of the track, my jaw dropped and I thought, “It’s that song!” I had not heard it in years and it gave me goosebumps. Needless to say, I bookmarked it right away.

I’m sure this remix was used in the Jules mix. The original and a club mix are also available on YouTube, but neither sound right. (The club mix includes vocals (yuck!), which were not included on the sonix.de mix.)

Popular Posts