Beer of the Weekend #789: ReUnion Pub Ale

The Summer of the Growler returns!

I hoped to fill my growler in the Des Moines area after another recent painting session at my sister’s, but did not get a chance before heading home. So on my way back, I made pit stop at the ReUnion Brewery and filled my growler with ReUnion’s Pub Ale.


It has been forever since I used my Hobgoblin glass, so I decided to give it a little love tonight. I have no clue what type of glass it is. A tall tumbler? Hobgoblin is an ESB so I assumed the glass is a good fit for Pub Ale.

Pub Ale is a clean, light-leaning bronze. Two fingers of light tan, dense, shiny, bubble-spotted head settles slowly. The aroma is toasty and there are strong notes of rye and floral hops. The flavor mostly mirrors the aroma with toasted malt, rye, and floral hops, and each sip works the taste buds with a pleasing bitterness. It is simple but tasty.

Fun facts about ReUnion Pub Ale:

• Style: ReUnion calls it pub ale.

• Price: $12 for a 64-ounce growler fill at the ReUnion Brewery in Coralville. The fill I received at ReUnion this time was very good. The bartender slowly filled it from the bottom and nearly topped the bottle off.

• Alcohol content: 4.8 percent ABV.


The Quiet Man’s grade: B.

Popular Posts