The Gems of Sharpless: May 28, 2014

-The first gem I spotted at Sharpless today was on a truck in the parking lot: a KRNA bumper sticker from around 2000. One does not see too many radio station bumper stickers anymore, which is kind of sad. Regardless, this was not KRNA’s most memorable sticker. Their “one way to rock” stickers were plastered all over the county in the eighties and early-nineties.

-More Union Stockyard stuff. Somebody really liked beef.

-Somebody also really liked tomatoes.

-An LA ’84 M&M jar.

-Old Fashioned glasses with rocks encased in the bottom. I kind of feel bad for those rocks.

-Um… I don’t know exactly what this is, but I am willing to guess: a freeze-frame from one of those blatantly sexist Hardee’s commercials. Why is it framed? That is beyond me. Frankly, I don’t even think I want to know.

-A couple tables were covered with promotional movie material, including this poster catalog for Shaft.

-A pair of West Branch-customized toy guitars.

-I peeked into this box of LPs and found my favorite Police album: Ghost in the Machine.

-A touching personal note on an electric board.

Popular Posts