Queensrÿche, 'Silent Lucidity (MTV Unplugged, 1992)'



I stumbled across this version of “Silent Lucidity” last week and thought I would post it. To be honest, I think I like it more than the better-known studio version.

I have always liked “Silent Lucidity” and “Jet City Woman,” but my familiarity with Queensrÿche probably ends there. The sad thing I learned today is that Queensrÿche went through a nasty break-up a few years ago that lead to a very interesting situation. The lead singer was fired in 2012, but he and his wife filed a wrongful termination lawsuit and sought to retain the rights to the band’s name. According to Wikipedia, “The ruling in the preliminary injunction was that both parties were allowed to use the name Queensrÿche until a court ruling or a settlement decides who gets to use the name.” Basically, two different and competing versions of the band were touring and releasing albums as Queensrÿche for the past two years. A settlement was reached last month that awarded the naming rights to the band’s remaining founding members. According to the settlement, the former lead singer can finish confirmed shows as Queensrÿche until August 31, 2014.

Popular Posts