The Gems of Sharpless: December 18, 2013

Once again, there was not much at Sharpless today. As always, though, there were a few gems.

-“The Milk Cow Blues” was among other 45s in this tote. (My mom has something similar called a “Tune Tote,” but this one was called something different. I think it was “Rhythm Rack” or something.

-One badass ice cube server.

-The DMR the day after Elvis died. Interestingly, below the fold was a story about Tom Harkin reaching for a gun when he was threatened at what I think was a campaign stop.

-I have no clue what the hell Welsh Humbugs are, but the cool thing about this little tin, along with bilingual, Welsh and English text on the back, was the sticker price: 64P. I assume the “P” stands for pence and that the tin dates to the pre-decimalized money system in the UK.


-I think album covers have sadly been deemphasized in our current digital age.

-I thought this was interesting. Though I did not check, I am sure there is a huge section about tithing.

Popular Posts