Superchunk, 'Hyper Enough' and 'Precision Auto'





Saturday morning was beautiful. A little windy, but beautiful. The sky was crystalline baby blue and the sunlight was bright and fresh. The new spring foliage was sharp green and the blossoming trees and flowers perfumed the air. And for some reason it reminded me of crisp, clear Saturday mornings before early-season college football games. Go figure.

Regardless, I started thinking about the soundtrack to NCAA Football 06. That edition of the franchise was the first, and so far only, to feature a soundtrack of what the game’s Wikipedia page refers to as “licensed music”; all the other editions featured only college fight songs. Except for a few songs, the soundtrack was full of nineties punk and what I would call “college rock.” (I always liked to think the soundtrack was created from Kirk Herbstreit’s personal music collection.) Among them was Superchunk’s “Hyper Enough,” which got stuck in my head after I watched the video. I was not complaining, though.

Linked to the “Hyper Enough” video was another Superchunk gem that I had never heard before: “Precision Auto.” What is precision auto? I have no clue, but the song and video are pretty cool. Enjoy!

Popular Posts