Underset, 'Berlin' and 'The End'





Let’s get clicky.

My blogging has yet to pick up (probably because I am not drinking enough new beer) so I am once again going to throw the blogosphere a bone by posting two songs I stumbled on last week: “Berlin” and “The End” by Underset. Both represent the minimalistic, ambient-esque electronic I have been digging recently.

The accompanying video for “Berlin” is, I think, the official music video. Two longboarders (strangers?) meet and share the night. The scene fits the song well, I think. For me, the tone and mood of ambient electronic always evokes surreal, quiet, and thoughtful nights; meditative moments when one is alone but far from lonely. Interestingly, the city featured in the video is apparently not Berlin. Judging by the Cyrillic signs and the girl’s leather jacket (the utilitarian fashion symbol of Eastern Europe), I would assume it is Moscow.

“The End” is much longer and matures and evolves as different beats and elements come into play. That is one thing I love about electronic music: the seamless blending of different beats and rhythms into a unified sound. It is the musical equivalent of E Pluribus Unum. The song is constantly changing but the change is sometimes so subtle it is unperceivable.

Better blogging is on its way, I hope.

Popular Posts