Marcellus Pittman, 'You Want Me (Never)'



Please excuse my recent dearth of posts. Blogging, unless about beer, has not been a priority recently. I hope to remedy that this week, though, and thought I would kick things off with a music post.

I heard this Marcellus Pittman gem on Benji B’s BBC Radio 1 show. (The song starts slow but kicks off after a minute.) Compared to Judge Jules and Kutski, Benji B spins much chiller and ambient electronic. He plays a little R&B and rhythmic/instrumental hip-hop, which is okay, but I prefer the chill out and clicky techno. I highly recommend listening to his show if you are curious.

Pittman was the guest on Benji B’s show last week. He is yet another star of the Detroit school of techno and I will need to check out more of his stuff. While chatting with Benji B on-air, Pittman referred to Detroit as “the dirty glove.” I have never been to Detroit but Zee German has a scary urge to go.

Popular Posts