29

Today I turn 29.

One of the awesome benefits of having a birthday in the autumn is it coincides with a Hawkeye home game every once in a while, just as it did today. I attended the Indiana-Iowa game with J-Rod and my parents. There is nothing like enjoying a game of college football on your birthday.

The last time the Hawkeyes played at home on my birthday was in 2005. It was probably my worst birthday ever, and, to make it worse, the Hawks lost to Michigan in overtime. Before that I think it was in 1994; the Hawks beat Michigan State, snapping a five-game losing streak. The only reason I remember that is because I had taken Clintoris and B.O. to Aladdin’s Castle, and my dad had the game on in the car as we dropped them off; when it went final, the goalposts were collapsed and the students rushed the field.

No students rushed the field today, but some dumbass ran onto the field after he disagreed with the replay decision at the end of the third quarter. Have fun in jail tonight, dude.

Comments

Popular Posts